Sunday, August 9, 2026
Post
Preity Zinta recalls hilarious 'Armaan' memory on KBC Season 18 premiere
Mumbai: As Kaun Banega Crorepati gears up for its star-studded Season 18 premiere on Sony Entertainment Television and Sony LIV. Host Amitabh Bachchan will be joined by some of Bollywood's biggest names, including Aamir Khan, Preity Zinta, and Sunny Deol, making for an unforgettable opening episode celebrating the theme 'Sochna Padega'. In a delightful segment during the premiere, Preity Zinta shared fond memories of working with the Bachchan family, revealed how far she went just to share screen space with Amitabh Bachchan.
During an engaging interaction with the live studio audience, a fan asked Preity about her long-standing relationship with the Bachchan family. “Aapne Amitabh Sir, or rather Bachchan family ke sath overall bahut kaam kia hain. So what is your fondest memory of all?” (You have worked extensively with Amitabh Sir and the Bachchan family overall. So, what is your fondest memory of all?)
Responding to her, Preity confessed her admiration for the family before revealing the extreme and hilarious lengths she went to early in her career just to share a single frame with the megastar in the 2003 film Armaan.
Preity revealed, ““Very fond memories, it’s one family that I love and respect alot, but if I have to say if all the memories there are one and I was dying to I was dying to work with Amit ji, Dying to..... and maine bohot try kiya, and then maine film sign ki Armaan, and I told Honey Irani, the director, ki main yeh film karungi agar mera Amit ji ke saath ek scene ho. So she said, 'okay, if you're dying to work with him, you better die in the scene.' I am in coma and Amitabh ji comes and I am in coma. Amit ji remember? Aur, I was shaking because it so difficult to act dead. I felt so silly because there was the Amitabh Bachchan in the room and I was like and I was shaking, ‘Preity aap scene kharab kar rahein ho, Priety aap hil rahein ho.. Preity…’” (I have very fond memories. It’s one family that I love and respect a lot. But if I have to choose one memory, I was dying to work with Amit ji... dying to! I tried so hard, and then I signed the film Armaan. I told Honey Irani, the director, 'I will do this film only if I have at least one scene with Amit ji.' So she said, 'Okay, if you're dying to work with him, you better die in the scene!' So my character is in a coma, and Amitabh ji comes into the room while I'm lying there in a coma. Amit ji, do you remember? I was shaking so much because it’s so difficult to act dead! I felt so silly because the Amitabh Bachchan was right there in the room, and I couldn't stop trembling. The team kept telling me, 'Preity, you are ruining the scene! Preity, you are moving... Preity!)
Adding to the laughter in the studio, Preity admitted that staying completely still as a coma patient proved almost impossible simply because she was overwhelmed by nervousness in the presence of the cinema legend.
Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 18 premieres on Monday, 10th August 2026, at 9:00 PM, featuring Aamir Khan, Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta, only on Sony Entertainment Television and Sony LIV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment